At Gumtree we do lots of work behind the scenes to make sure that your experience is as safe as possible.
In addition to the work that our team does, we do ask that when communicating with buyers or sellers on our site, you use your common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it most probably is.
We have developed our Gumtree Stay Safe Advice Pages to give you as much information as possible to make sure that you are make informed decisions when using Gumtree or other classifieds websites.
In addition to the Stay Safe pages, our team have also developed category specific information for you. You will see these listed below in the Help topics.
- How do I report spoof Gumtree emails or spoof Gumtree websites?
- How is Gumtree Improving the Pets Category?
- I've received a suspicious response to my ad. What should I do?
- I've been the victim of a scam. What should I do?
- I’ve been sent the password for my ad. I didn’t request this, so why have I got it?
- No underage animals
- Selling safely
- Buying safely
- Buying & selling safely
- Online scams to watch out for
- Advice on Buying a Car
- Finding a job safely
- Pets advice
- No puppy farms
- Buying a Horse Online
- Advice on Selling a Car
- Renting safely
- Buying a Bike on Gumtree
- Buying a Cat or Kitten Online
- Cats Protection Help