Rules for selling tickets
If you’re posting ticket ads on the site you need to know about these rules. Re-selling tickets can sometimes be tricky, so read about it to make sure you’re not breaking the law.
- You need to have the tickets in hand to re-sell. If you’ve pre-booked them but they haven’t arrived yet, please wait for them to get to you.
- Always list the ticket’s face value. If you got the tickets for free, list this as well.
- List the section, row or seat number the tickets is for. This saves you time when answering questions.
- If there are age restrictions or something similar, let people know. An adult won’t be able to use a student’s ticket.
- There is no section for ticket wanted ads because they’re not allowed on the site.
- There are some tickets we don’t allow to be sold or bought on the site, like football tickets, Glastonbury, the NYE London Show and the Commonwealth Games.
What else isn’t allowed?
We don’t allow the sale of votes, parking permits and lottery tickets. Train and coach tickets are also not allowed.
If you’re selling tickets make sure you have actual tickets, not e-tickets. These are not allowed on the site.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars