How do I create an account?
You can sign up by clicking ‘Post an Ad’ on our home page. Either create a new account using your email address, or use your Facebook or Google+ to log in.
We’ll email you to ask you to verify that you’re the owner of the email address. Just click the link in the email and you’ll be set up and ready to sell.
You can’t change the email address you register with. So make sure you use your current one. If you ever want to change it, you’ll need to create a new account. You’ll be able to choose another email to be contacted on though.
The benefits of registering
You can browse through ads and contact people on Gumtree even if you don’t register. Though if you do, you’ll be able to:
If you’re looking for something in particular, we’ll email you to tell you someone’s posted one.
Creating a business account
If you’re a retailer or use the site as part of your business, you can register with a business account.
Forgotten your password?
First, make sure you’re not putting in any rogue spaces or capital letters (check caps lock). If you’re still stuck, ask to reset your password at the login screen. We’ll send you an email with a few steps to follow.
- I've had a bad experience on the site
- Am I safe if I used Paypal?
- When should I contact the police?
- I work with the police. How can I contact you?
- How do I post an ad?
- Which location should I post in?
- Which category should I post my ad in?
- How can I put photos on my ad?
- Are ads on Gumtree free?
- Do you have rules for posting ads?
- What can’t I buy or sell on Gumtree?
- Motors Posting Rules
- For Sale Posting Rules
- Pets Posting Rules
- Property Posting Rules
- Jobs Posting Rules
- Tickets Posting Rules
- Services Posting Rules
- Community Posting Rules
- Am I dealing with a good user?
- Do I have Payment Protection on Gumtree?
- Is the Payment Confirmation e-mail I've received real?
- Is this e-mail/sms from Gumtree?
- How can I recognise fake money?
- I want to update my ad
- Do I get a refund?
- How do I add features to my advert?
- How do 'Featured Ads' work?
- How does a 'Bump Up' work?
- How does 'Homepage Spotlight' work?
- How does the 'Urgent' feature work?
- I can't find my ad. What now?
- How do I search for ads?
- Can I save ads or searches for later?
- How does messaging on Gumtree work?
- How do I know how my ad is doing?
- I have an account but forgot my password
- Buying Pets Safely
- Buying & Selling Cars